RF Tack Trailer

 

When we bought the house in North Carolina in 2022, I finally had a real workshop.  A leather business that started in my living room down in Florida to make cool tack for my friends, and quickly took over my bedroom and garage, finally had room to spread out.  I'm sad to say Rob's Coast Guard career has once again prompted a big move, and probably will again soon, so I've decided to make things more mobile. This is now the shop of Rachel Fail Custom Tack.  


What was once a 4 horse trailer, is now a full leather shop.

I even tackled a new lighting technique with this trailer.  I also built a huge frame from totes full of supplies. I'll be getting a weight ticket this week, anyone want to take bets on how much it weighs?


I have guesses, but we will see how close I am.  It's been a long couple weeks getting this done, starting from the bare frame.



Tomorrow, I need to install the rooftop AC, which after this past week's high temps and humidity, I'm really regretting not getting done FIRST.  


It's starting to look like a real workspace, though, and the rest of the week I need to get things strapped down for being road worthy. 

Movers picked up the rest of our house today, so we are officially living in the horse trailer for the next 34 +/- days.  Two trucks, two trailers, and about 4500 miles. Soaking up the last of our Manteo time for a while, it's getting real, and I can't think about leaving or I get teary.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Fitted Pad Tutorial

Australian Light Horse Set - Part 1